5/20/2021 12:24 pm
Guys! Look at all this kale!! Want to know the coolest part about this particular plant? This was all from volunteers! That means that these little babies popped up from a plant that was in the garden last season. They were so tough that they reseeded and sprouted again in the spring, all by themselves. During one of our clean-up days, they were gently dug up and replanted in the beds they live in now and-WOW! They did well.
Sauteed Greek Kale
2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
2 teaspoons olive oil
.25 teaspoons oregano (also fresh in the garden)
salt to taste
1.5 cups chopped kale leaves
pinch of red pepper
2 teaspoons crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- In a skillet, combine onion, oil, oregano and salt.
- Cook until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the kale at medium heat, stir to coat in oil.
- Cover the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes, until the kale is wilted but bright green.
- Stir in the pepper flakes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with feta
Here's another recipe for Sausage and White bean stew with Kale. Our family makes this a lot and it's so yummy!
So go pick some kale and see what you like better and don't forget to sign up for a week of garden tending here. There are a few spaces left! Share your garden pix on Instagram or Facebook by using #OBPTO #OBEaglesGarden #OBGardenDirt
- Thursday, November 30
- Monday, December 4
- Wednesday, December 6
- Thursday, December 7
- Monday, December 11
- Monday, January 8
- Monday, February 12